B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Good luck maintaining thousands of Kaan’s. Anyway, I think the initial order of 250 Kaan’s will get lowered in the coming years. But let’s wait and see.
Impossible.

In Turkish style the order will never get lowered but just delayed and delayed like the Tanks.

IC3M@N FX

Reactions
4 254
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey cannot afford KAAN 500+ it is simply too expensive in the long term.
130-150 TAI KAANs is realistic, and I hope that right after the series production of TAI KAAN starts they develop a small stealth fighter jet as a single jet with delta canard based on TAI KAAN, which is also suitable for aircraft carriers. In the long term, these should then replace the F-16, ideally producing 300-500 of them.
It would also be the ideal aircraft for export to countries in Africa in the Middle and Far East.
The primary target should then be a 6th generation stealth fighter jet, and the KAAN chapter should be closed after 200-300+ inclusive Export at the latest, and only focus on combat upgrades.

Apart from that, manned flight will be dead in 20-30 years anyway, at the latest when 6+ or 7 generation fighter aircraft have a hybrid approach, flying both manned and unmanned, because the pilots simply can no longer keep up with the AI and its reaction time, let alone the G forces that a machine can withstand compared to a human.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We need variety in our aviation, so we should not make too many of the same thing but we need to improve our art and keep on top of our game. But it is not only us that we are making planes for so, customer is the king.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,615
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
1715011505247.jpeg

1715011541740.jpeg

New paintwork certainly makes her look more sexy!

No Name

Reactions
5 318
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Turkey cannot afford KAAN 500+ it is simply too expensive in the long term.
130-150 TAI KAANs is realistic, and I hope that right after the series production of TAI KAAN starts they develop a small stealth fighter jet as a single jet with delta canard based on TAI KAAN, which is also suitable for aircraft carriers. In the long term, these should then replace the F-16, ideally producing 300-500 of them.
So, you want something like a navalised version of the Su-75, Mig-144, or maybe a Flygsystem 2020.

what you asking for would not be cheap since the fact that they are stealth fighters will raise the cost of maintenance; the best solution is for a cheap fighter would be the creation of a 4+ gen fighter, something like a Turkish Rafale.

If Turkey does make a 4+ gen fighter, it will have to consider whether anyone else will be willing to buy such a fighter. If it fails to get a large number of sales, such a fighter may be more expensive than KAAN making the entire thing pointless

View attachment 67789
View attachment 67790

New paintwork certainly makes her look more sexy!
I still wish that KAAN's paint job resembled the JC-31.

Samba

Reactions
2 114
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Does the flight duration and altitude mean something significant?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Malaysia may still want Hürjet?
Behind the iron paywall.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The foreign investors will rain on us once we have showed solid progress of TF-35K engine. Without it, KAAN is a high risk project even for us, let alone the not-aligned countries with the US.
Probably a lot of them will be sold upon seeing solid progress on even the TF6000.

duveil

Reactions
1 15
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The foreign investors will rain on us once we have showed solid progress of TF-35K engine. Without it, KAAN is a high risk project even for us, let alone the not-aligned countries with the US.
Very true. To be honest , I would do the same. I hope we get results asap from TF-35K . I have question though. Lets say we have finished manufacturing the engine now how long do we need for testing before mass production?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Very true. To be honest , I would do the same. I hope we get results asap from TF-35K . I have question though. Lets say we have finished manufacturing the engine now how long do we need for testing before mass production?
Two to two and a half years.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom