Morocco and Israel Express "Concerns" Over Algeria

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
No doubt that you know more specifics then me and have better insight in their affairs but i just gave credit were it should be given. As much i respect your country i also respect Morroco in sense that they have right on their own way and internal politics , of coUrse i will keep my privilige to disagree with what i consider wrong but without overstepping my outsider boundaires. I am sure that you would appreciate same attitude towards your country from some foreign guy.
Free speech for all, as long as all facts are verifiable. i've met Bosnians in the US, we are from the same part of the world, and have lots in common. :)

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,437
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
No doubt that you know more specifics then me and have better insight in their affairs but i just gave credit were it should be given. As much i respect your country i also respect Morroco in sense that they have right on their own way and internal politics , of coUrse i will keep my privilige to disagree with what i consider wrong but without overstepping my outsider boundaires. I am sure that you would appreciate same attitude towards your country from some foreign guy.
When it comes to the phosphate then yes its true. Morocco has the biggest reserves in the world in phosphate but the production is still low at the moment, and the same goes for export. Hopefully it will reach its full potential. In general morocco does not have the luxury like our brothers in algeria when it comes to natural resources, but hopefully with projects like this we will build our country step by step.

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
When it comes to the phosphate then yes its true. Morocco has the biggest reserves in the world in phosphate but the production is still low at the moment, and the same goes for export. Hopefully it will reach its full potential. In general morocco does not have the luxury like our brothers in algeria when it comes to natural resources, but hopefully with projects like this we will build our country step by step.
Part of the reason Moroccan production of Phosphate slowed down, is that every year, Morocco exported between 1 and 2 million tons of phosphate rock from Western Sahara disputed territory, in violation of international law. The rock is transported from the mine out to the harbor on the world's longest conveyor belt. The company that maintains that controversial infrastructure is the German company Continental. In an open letter sent, eight German organizations jointly appealed to the German company Continental to "comply with its corporate responsibility and not to provide economic support for Morocco's occupation of parts of Western Sahara in violation of international law".

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,437
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Part of the reason Moroccan production of Phosphate slowed down, is that every year, Morocco exported between 1 and 2 million tons of phosphate rock from Western Sahara disputed territory, in violation of international law. The rock is transported from the mine out to the harbor on the world's longest conveyor belt. The company that maintains that controversial infrastructure is the German company Continental. In an open letter sent, eight German organizations jointly appealed to the German company Continental to "comply with its corporate responsibility and not to provide economic support for Morocco's occupation of parts of Western Sahara in violation of international law".
I dont think the german company continental is continuing its works in moroccan sahara. Morocco dont enjoy good relations with germany after their view on sahara, and the negotiotians on the libya issue.

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
I dont think the german company continental is continuing its works in moroccan sahara. Morocco dont enjoy good relations with germany after their view on sahara, and the negotiotians on the libya issue.
What you called "moroccan sahara" is the Western Sahara Territory, claimed by its native people the Sahrawis, protected under several UN Resolutions. BTW, Morocco had also claimed Western Algeria and Mauritania as part of Morocco, to no avail. In 1963, Morocco invaded Algeria to take Algerian cities Bechar and Tindouf by force, but failed.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,437
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
What you called "moroccan sahara" is the Western Sahara Territory, claimed by its native people the Sahrawis, protected under several UN Resolutions. BTW, Morocco had also claimed Western Algeria and Mauritania as part of Morocco, to no avail. In 1963, Morocco invaded Algeria to take Algerian cities Bechar and Tindouf by force, but failed.
Its a historical fact that the sahara is part of moroccan territory. Take a look at the old moroccan empires, and their geographical maps. i never heard morocco claim parts of nowdays western algeria, do you have any sources on this? However Mauritania i heard one of the old kings or dyanisties gave this land to the people of nowday mauritania as a selv governed Country, but thats the only thing i remember.

Or do you mean the territory of tindouf and figuig?, or hole western algeria?

Last edited:

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
Its a historical fact that the sahara is part of moroccan territory. Take a look at the old moroccan empires, and their geographical maps. i never heard morocco claim parts of nowdays western algeria, do you have any sources on this? However Mauritania i heard one of the old kings or dyanisties gave this land to the people of nowday mauritania as a selv governed Country, but thats the only thing i remember.

Or do you mean the territory of tindouf and figuig?, or hole western algeria?
50 years ago, La Guerre des sables: When Morocco attacked Algeria

Reason why, no Algerian patriot trusts the neighbor Morocco today.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,437
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
50 years ago, La Guerre des sables: When Morocco attacked Algeria

Reason why, no Algerian patriot trusts the neighbor Morocco today.
Yh the so called sand war in english. I think this territorial claims are also because of the territory that morocco had before the french invaded Morocco and algeria. Morocco streched far south and a little to the west of algeria in the cities of tindouf, and figuig. I hope no war happens in the future either, because the see us as brothers. Our religion is basically whats unites us to put our nationalities aside. Right now i believe morocco is more willing to negotiate and to establish ties while algeria is not that interested. That keeps the instability in our region, and only serve the west to be honest. We have great potential to grow together. Hopefully we will unite in sha Allah.

Chakib larbi

Contributor
Arab Moderator
Algeria Moderator
Reactions
7 2,926
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Algeria
Algerian-Iranian relations are not born today, as it go back to the days of the Shah, and they are normal international relations, like any relationship of Algeria with any other country. for Israel, it does not consider Algeria a threat to it, just as Algeria does not consider Israel as an enemy and does not reject normalization with it if Israel fulfills the implementation of the peace initiative of the Arab League, which recognizes the borders of the State of Palestine within the 1967 borders, with Jerusalem as its capital.
back to this statement..this statement has nothing to do with the Israeli-Algerian relations or the Iranian-Algerian relations ...Rather, it is an affirmation of the compatibility of Moroccan-Israeli visions towards Algeria and an affirmation of Israel's support for Morocco in its struggle against Algeria , as the normalization of relations with Israel is just a call for help against Algeria.

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
Yh the so called sand war in english. I think this territorial claims are also because of the territory that morocco had before the french invaded Morocco and algeria. Morocco streched far south and a little to the west of algeria in the cities of tindouf, and figuig. I hope no war happens in the future either, because the see us as brothers. Our religion is basically whats unites us to put our nationalities aside. Right now i believe morocco is more willing to negotiate and to establish ties while algeria is not that interested. That keeps the instability in our region, and only serve the west to be honest. We have great potential to grow together. Hopefully we will unite in sha Allah.

1) 1956 During the Algerian-French war, King Hassan ll of Morocco who didn't want to see Algeria becoming independent, tipped the French army for the arrest of top leaders of the Algerian Liberation Front, who were then arrested by the French army.

2) 1965 Israel largely had Morocco to thank for its victory over its Arab enemies in the 1967 Six Day War, according to revelations by a former Israeli military intelligence chief. King Hassan ll of Morocco passed recordings to Israel of a key meeting between Arab leaders held in preparation for war against Israel.

3) 2021 Morocco one of the biggest users of the Pegasus spyware by the Israeli company NSO, selected more than 6,000 phone numbers belonging to Algerian politicians, military, heads of intelligence services, senior officials, foreign diplomats and political activists as targets of the Pegasus spyware.

4) 2021 The Moroccan ambassador to the UN attacked Algeria's sovereignty, by submitting to the UN a note in which he asserted that the Kabyle region in Algeria" should fully enjoy their right to self-determination".

Below: The Lion of the Algerian Revolution Larbi Ben M'hidi, tortured and killed by the French Army on 23 February - 4 March 1957
art-various-shutterstock-editorial-6051085cu.jpg
330px-Larbi_Ben_M'Hidi_-_1957.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom