Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Jordan,Egypt,KSA and UAE, all recipient of American military aid and to a extent from western governments and what to do use them for kling fellow Arabs
That is how it works, Slavs all killed each other in the European wars of the 90s it is because there is no unity.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,589
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The quality of French products are always questioned. On the other hand, German products are known with their excellence. These two will always be rivals but I prefer Germany in this competition.
What about the fire control ? Is there any comparison between Leopard2 Fire control with that of Leclerc, , do you have any comparison between the HS60 gunsight compared to the Emes 15 on the Leopard2's?

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,163
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Whats peoples opinion on the Italian Ariete??

Both Ariete and the Leclerc tend to be overlooked.

Brave Janissary

Reactions
5 635
These are video game numbers. Thanks to modular design and large weight reserves Leclerc can be easily uparmored.

View attachment 1497

İt's not video game, it's a simulation Customized versions of Steel Beasts have been adopted by the armies of Australia, Austria, Canada, Chile, Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and USA for training purposes.

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_Beasts

Also I send to you empty baggage photos of leclerc you say nothing about him ? We talking about 54-57 tonnes tank you cant be think that is the better armoured tank than leopard 2.

İf current armour isnt be bad they cant be make overarmoured to leclercs for reaching turkish army standarts in tank 2000 ;

jEdiekezY-I1RcWjrftVGWh5ELbvIfAr8uVFUgLX4qAxAagQHLmho0CWRVpN8gwm7NJdT8cVYpue-HGCWaZ29rvCMLqpcqNAA1606hqXbgyxxouaU8JGyOFQ_c7YELVW5hKsqQM=s0-d

kaykay

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
While all the goodies are okay, rich arab nations really lack enough fighting men. Good thing is that almost all of them have given bases etc to USA and in that way bought a sort of 'security insurance' but if not help from USA/Israel, Iran or Turkey might eat them alive.
They should really build a good Indigenous army. Surely money is no issue for them.

Last edited:

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Israel Moderator
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,875
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
İt's not video game, it's a simulation Customized versions of Steel Beasts have been adopted by the armies of Australia, Austria, Canada, Chile, Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and USA for training purposes.
Numbers u posted are from public version and noting but wild guess.

Also I send to you empty baggage photos of leclerc you say nothing about him ? We talking about 54-57 tonnes tank you cant be think that is the better armoured tank than leopard 2.
Leopard 2A0-A4 versions also had 55 tonn. And they are larger: more armor needed for same level of protection. That means basic Leclerc has better protection than A4.

As I said, adding armor to Leclerc is very easy: just replace modules. And it was done on Azur model or offer for Turkey.

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Israel Moderator
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,875
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
This is A5 add on armor:

ELg30JJXkAEGsVK

ELg30JLWsAAn_15

Not something spectacular.

Brave Janissary

Reactions
5 635
Numbers u posted are from public version and noting but wild guess.
Meaning of Customized versions, sim integrated to tank simulators. Not mean incorrect info.

Leopard 2A0-A4 versions also had 55 tonn. And they are larger: more armor needed for same level of protection. That means basic Leclerc has better protection than A4.

As I said, adding armor to Leclerc is very easy: just replace modules. And it was done on Azur model or offer for Turkey.

Who care leopard 2a4, we are talking about here leopard 2a7+

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Israel Moderator
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,875
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
Meaning of Customized versions, sim integrated to tank simulators. Not mean incorrect info.
Costumized version means u can change characterists to actual ones. What do u see in public version is noting but wild guess.

Who care leopard 2a4, we are talking about here leopard 2a7+
I showed additional armor. It provides some 200 mm vs KE.

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Israel Moderator
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,875
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
T

triangle

Seeing as the Jordanians became very nervous about Israels encroachments on Palestinian land, the Emiratis decided that a bunch of Leclercs where a good way to silence them. It is like giving a toy to a child to stop its tantrum.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,393
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Seeing as the Jordanians became very nervous about Israels encroachments on Palestinian land, the Emiratis decided that a bunch of Leclercs where a good way to silence them. It is like giving a toy to a child to stop its tantrum.

they managed to ad Sudan in the list. With a coupe they have put another clown on Sudan. The Gulfies are really stupborn.

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Israel Moderator
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,875
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
That values completly wrong. Look ;

Opera-Anl-k-G-r-nt-2020-07-01-103658-www-youtube-com.png

That is L-44 values. L-55 ones a 100-200 mm more.
DM53 is gross exaggeration. As I said penetration is more or less equal to penetrator length and decreasing diameter is reducing penetration.

DM53 is 12.5% longer than DM43 but in same time 5% slower and slightly less diameter. So overall should be very minor increase of penetration - about 10%.

Here guys made calculations even lower than my estimates:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom