Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,904
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I talked about macro and micro calculations on earlier post. Based on macro calculation. Only 3 components are from abroad. On micro calculation. What about micro-chips? Where are they come from?

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
118 14,973
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is TFX Kaan thread.
Stay on topic please.
Posts containing off topic comments and discussion points that are overtures to derailing the thread are deleted.
Insistence will attract bans.

godel44

Reactions
8 397
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When such Western publications talk about “heavy foreign contribution,” they refer to consultation with BAE Systems or the F110 engine, the former of which was small and the latter being replaced. There is a dependency on the control stick, too but it probably doesn’t give the same assurance that everything is under West’s control.

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,591
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
- secrecy on some projects is a nice thing for a change I guess nobody has any obligation to publicly carry out any project including TF35000 or any obligation to share any details or publicly announce any contact...
-TR motor was establised at 20 April 2017
- Just as an example we even happen to know about TF 6000 for the first time with a patent application

Last edited:

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,042
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

duveil

Reactions
1 15
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I can give you a date. It will be before 7 May 2028. Because there is a general election on this date. After the election, the actual delivery dates will be announced. I think 2031-2032 with F110 and 2035 with TF35K.
That make sense actually. And also it would be a big achievement. I dont know why people are so crazy about flying with TF35K engine in 2028 and why they feel like if we cant finish before 2029 it would be a failure.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,042
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That make sense actually. And also it would be a big achievement. I dont know why people are so crazy about flying with TF35K engine in 2028 and why they feel like if we cant finish before 2029 it would be a failure.
I think these dates are very good and a great success.

Leaving aside the clowns and political lickspittles, those in charge of the engineering of this work have already said that we need at least 10 years. (Prof. Dr. Mahmut Akşit)

Of course, if Rolls-Royce is involved, that's a lot less time.

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 496
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think these dates are very good and a great success.

Leaving aside the clowns and political lickspittles, those in charge of the engineering of this work have already said that we need at least 10 years. (Prof. Dr. Mahmut Akşit)

Of course, if Rolls-Royce is involved, that's a lot less time.
KAAN engine studies started even before 2017. That is more than 11 years. If TF-6000 is a success as @TheInsider says. There is no practical reason for the TF-35000 or something around that thrust not being operational by 2028. In wartimes new engines are produced much faster, as in WW2, not 11+ years. And Greeks can declare 12 mile (19.31 km) territorial waters at any second. That is automatic war. If they declare it after getting their F-35s. We will be doomed. If you don't even know the chess pieces at play, stop insulting state and TAF officials that know.

duveil

Reactions
1 15
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is no practical reason for the TF-35000 or something around that thrust not being operational by 2028.
I am dont have a technical background for explaining the step by step proccess of testing the engine and the time it takes but with a quick research I can tell that we need 2 to 3 years just for testing(if we had any problems it can take longer). Now I dont have any knowledge of current status of TF-35000 .I just assume that we havent even started producing it. So 2035 would be a good achievement. And that is the practical reason I see as a problem not finishing engine in 2028. I just read this before posting. I may be wrong I dont know. https://www.rolls-royce.com/media/o.../how-to-test-a-jet-engine-power-of-trent.aspx

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 496
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That is a commercial engine. Even 1% fuel savings is critical for success, so they do several redesigns and testing. Safety tests, certifications also take much, much longer. If you get sued for causing a death by skipping a test or civil certification step that take many years, you will lose billions of dollars. Not that state allows you to skip it.

Militaries especially in wartime can cut that time down to a few years at most not 10 years by ignoring fuel economy, top performance and safety norms for certification. Akşit always talks about civil certification time. Do you think TAF will give a flying f about minor safety risks if a war breaks out? Which can break any second due to our “friends” in NATO.

You can speed up the process 3x simply by running 3 8-hour shifts without holidays. There is 3d printing that wasn't available during that 10 year time frame standard established. Also, digital twin wasn't factored in to that 10 years.

America was producing 300 planes and 6 ships a day in WW2. 70+ years ago, FFS. That was declared ridiculously “impossible” by top American nay sayer experts then, too. And then an engineer that built Hoover Dam in record time by using smart new techniques like using water pipes to cool down and speed up cement curing time was appointed as the head of those nay sayer experts. Rest is history…

When the Wright brothers were about to fly their first plane, nay sayer aviation “experts” were saying it would take at least a million to 10 million years for a man to fly… Lack of imagination, on the part of uninspired millions, can't slow down bright people.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,393
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Good news, they are going to level up the testflights of Kaan :D . More flight hours, faster and higher.

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 496
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sheesh. How many years will it take for a 4k cockpit view of KAAN with radar and all other screens visible, I wonder.

DCS game needs several clear 4k pictures to add a playable KAAN mod. Also the real-life specs for accurate dogfights. Including missiles.
They have F-35, F-22, Su-57 etc. even a lame TB2 model is there.

But no KAAN or Hürjet because of low res cockpit images that isn't suitable for 3d modeling. We still haven't even seen KAAN's screen while it's turned on :sleep: 😥

In a decade if we are lucky?

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 496
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am no pilot, but…
Even with a touch screen which is too small and crowded to operate effectively with touch, shouldn't there be a lot more buttons, knobs etc. to speed up reaction times of the pilot, especially in a dog fight and to free precious screen space?

Turn rate seems low compared to other sims I played. But that could be because of the novice pilot.

Someone from TUSAS should either create mods for major flight simulators, MS, DCS or publish high-res cockpit images.
This is the only way our people and foreign aviation enthusiasts, potential customers, can experience and appreciate Hürjet and KAAN other than keep waving behind it while admiring its paint. It is not some big secret in a world F-22 and Su-57 are fully playable after all.

Last edited:

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,725
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turn rate seems low compared to other sims I played. But that could be because of the novice pilot.
There might also be a "guest mode" in the simulator in order to keep the real capabilities of the platform hidden.
F-22 and Su-57 are fully playable after all.
All because of eager fans and duty-bound employees painstakingly recreating the plane from the information that were given to them. A lot of the real specs of those craft are still classified.

Gaijin Entertainment, makers of the hit game "War Thunder" are known to peruse the defense forums like ours to gather information about the vehicles they recreate in their game.
Perhaps one of their lads are reading this very post right now.

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 496
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sure but that's bare minimum. TACTILE feeling is missing for 90% of flight and other controls. It is like using on screen keyboard instead of an actual keyboard on a PC. It is slower and awkward. A bad combo when milliseconds could mean life or death. And again like I said screen is too crowded and small compared to F-35s. Minimal spacing can cause mistakes.

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 496
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Found this in an MMU sim video.
KAAN's radar scaler is at 40nm that puts BURFIS radar maximum at 300km. I was expecting 400-600km considering the size and power of BURFIS :(
Am I interpreting this right?

1715972367315.png

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom