Committed member
Professional
Reactions
1 688
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
@Zapper @Raptor @Gautam I have a question. The Swift and Gatak UAV are two different designs? If yes what's their expected size? And how do they plan on fitting a Kaveri engine in that sleek design?
Same design, very different sizes. The SWiFT is a smaller version of the Ghatak powered by a NPO Saturn. The Ghatak will use the Kaveri

Gautam

Committed member
Professional
Reactions
1 688
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
I believe that's only for this show
A paper plane is more aerodynamic than this lol.
Probably a start up BEML is supporting financially. Maybe the first model. At least BEML is trying, I am not complaining. Where is BEL though ? Didn't they tie up with that start up JSR Dynamics. Their SDB looked incredibly last year.

Raptor

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
@Zapper @Raptor @Gautam I have a question. The Swift and Gatak UAV are two different designs? If yes what's their expected size? And how do they plan on fitting a Kaveri engine in that sleek design?
SWiFT is a scaled down version of ghatak,both share same design but SWiFT is smaller in size.
Kaveri engine would be fitted on Ghatak and not SWiFT,fluid thrust vectoring would be used

Raptor

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
This news is quite interesting.

Boeing is facing historic losses right now, and is desperate for sales. Is India going to be offered B-1B in the near-term??
B-1B comes under Pentagon global strike command,I don't think they will offer us.

sarthak

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Any info about engines ?
Afaik prototypes and early production aircrafts will fly on ge-414 ins6 same engine as Tejas mark 2 and tedbf. Final production aircrafts will have indigenous jet engines in 110 kn range made with some help from foreign companies possibly from saffran or rolls Royce. There were speculations that india and uk might co develop a new variable cycle engine that would power both amca and tempest.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom