Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
In the first of our SPOTLIGHT programmes where we turn the beam of discovery onto products and companies to keep abreast of their plans and successes, we head to Abu Dhabi. In November 2019 when the new UAE defence conglomerate, EDGE, was created by bringing the nation’s defence companies under a single umbrella, one company Halcon, a key part of the new Missiles & Weapons cluster was on the verge of producing its indigenous designed family of precision guided weapons known as Desert Sting. At IDEX 2021 in February, Halcon was proudly showing off the extended family and in this programme Khalifa Al Tamimi, the design engineer and project manager explained how Halcon’s new weapons are making a difference for customers – and for arming new light attack aircraft.

The computer animation is actually really good in my opinion.

It seems the Desert Sting entered production, although I don't know what that machine does.

1618430241045.png

Last edited:

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Calidus B250, it seems like Hurkus-C kind of
Screenshot_20210414-203725_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20210414-203657_YouTube.jpg

Mirage 2k, I wonder if Greeks could get these integrated on their jets considering defense pact
Screenshot_20210414-203645_YouTube.jpg

I doubt they manufacture it A to Z although they do have a lot of capabilities for mechanical production like CNC, laser cutting, etc they must import a lot of electrical systems they can only produce PCBS.

I think they use FPGA COTS electronics for some systems though which isn't too bad.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom