Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Soman45

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Found on the facebook, forgot to screencap. Cancelling both F15EX and IFX for 100 mix Su 30 & 57.
Also
this one?
1716468145185.png

As long as it's not 08 who wants it, it's alright. I just think of it as a pebble in our procurement program. KSAU doesn't have much say in the KFX and F-15 (especially KFX). Does he want our government to cancel those two programs so we can switch to SU-35 and SU-57 given the current geopolitical situation? Pure nonsense.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,582
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
this one?
View attachment 68200
As long as it's not 08 who wants it, it's alright. I just think of it as a pebble in our procurement program. KSAU doesn't have much say in the KFX and F-15 (especially KFX). Does he want our government to cancel those two programs so we can switch to SU-35 and SU-57 given the current geopolitical situation? Pure nonsense.
Buying Russian stuff now will risk a sanction, there is also funding/payment issues.

IFX: will affect bilateral relationship.

For KASAU to:
Buy Russian stuff -> its just a bad decision (at least for the current situation).

Cancel IFX -> not his place to make such decision/ announce such statement unless it is being secretly ordered by President or Memhan.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,521
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Like I said, KSAU would need to make:

1. Russia leave Ukraine unconditionally, while they're currently winning
  2. Putin to step down from power
  3. Putin hand himself over to the Hague
Then CAATSA will be irrelevant and we could actually talk about negotiating Russian jet.

Switching from F-15EX to Su-57 only makes sense from a technical standpoint.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,565
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
this one?
View attachment 68200
bingo

Top Bottom